Hannah Overman Koch

Saturday, January 23, 2016

Turn Forth Her Silver Lining

The words of John Milton 
(Comus: A Mask Presented at Ludlow Castle, 1634)

I see ye visibly, and now believe
That he, the Supreme Good, to whom all things ill
Are but as slavish officers of vengeance,
Would send a glistering guardian, if need were 
To keep my life and honour unassailed. 
Was I deceived, or did a sable cloud 
Turn forth her silver lining on the night? 
I did not err; there does a sable cloud 
Turn forth her silver lining on the night, 
And casts a gleam over this tufted grove.

"Every cloud has a silver lining" was derived from the poem above.

Though we sit under ice and a dusting of snow
in North Carolina,
with and without power~

I sought and found the silver lining-
The beauty surrounding me.

The bowing of nature to its
Supreme Maker.

The delicate balance of water's beauty and destruction.

Nature's simplistic calling

Is this our silver lining?



I have learned that with every storm life brings our way
we are also blessed with a silver lining.

We only need to find the gleam cast over our tufted grove.




Searching with heartfelt gratitude for the fleeting beauty
surrounding me on this artist holiday,
hannah







No comments:

Post a Comment