Hannah Overman Koch

Wednesday, January 20, 2016

Cross Making 101 - Wooden Cross

I am delighted to teach a cross making class
each Wednesday night to 2nd and 3rd graders.

I have based this class off the book:
Making Crosses: A Creative Connection to God
by
Ellen Morris Prewitt

This week - wooden crosses

Like this week's class ~
simplistic is always best.

Popsicles sticks, buttons and glue

Create more organic edges by cutting the popsicle stick ends with scissors.

Our verse tonight - Psalm 37:23-24

The Lord directs the steps of the godly.  He delights in every detail of their lives.
Though they stumble, they will never fall, for the Lord holds them by hand.

Our lesson tonight discusses
how God wants our attention, not our perfection.
Perfection is not acceptable during this class.
We will need to be process-oriented.
(I am telling myself just as much as I am telling the children!)

Children glued the crosses together 
and chose one button to apply to the center.




I hope to share this journey with you
as we make a cross each week.



May you change you perspective as I have about the cross.
Not as a symbol of  pain and unbearable grief,
but rather a symbol of pure love.
A love for all of us like no other.



The cross making journey continues
on this artist holiday,
hannah










No comments:

Post a Comment