Hannah Overman Koch

Friday, December 16, 2011

Christmas Card Swap

My friend Jill over at Recycled Daze asked me if I was interested in doing a Christmas card swap this year.  I happily said yes and was excited to begin this new artistic task!  I received Jill's card the other day and it is gorgeous!  Check it out -

Her and her girls made a woodcut of the bird and branch!

Adding the snowflakes, glitter, snow on the branches and very nice stitching along the edge.

Read more about Jill's card here...



What was I going to create???
 I knew I wanted to add stitching to my card as well.  And I knew I wanted it to be silly!  So, here is what I came up with...



Tangled in Christmas lights!


The child-like image is something I started drawing a few years ago, taking inspiration from my children's drawings.

I always enjoy drawing/painting lights! 

Materials used:  60 lb paper, acrylic paint, watercolor paint, colored pencils, netting, fine black pen, and thread

I enjoyed taking a break from my recent activities (that I will soon share) and spending time on a swap!  Thanks Jill for asking me!!!





enjoying the creative spirit during this artist holiday-
hannah








1 comment:

  1. I love it! can't wait to find it in my mailbox. It reminds me a Christmas lunch I went to last weekend. My dear friend Christine was our hostess. She made a punch called Hawiian punch, it had a heck of a punch! It went down easy. Her husband had to clean up after the party.
    ( Christine had to go to bed, she is the best kind of friend!)

    ReplyDelete